How It All Began

As I have mentioned I have become obsessed with trolling through different blogs, mostly Twilight, and reading all their content. During a recent gaunt I happened upon a great post by Mrs. Vanquish over at Let's Ride The Vanquish called "One Year Ago....Or How It All Began...". It was her Twi-story about how she found Twilight. Once shared she asked for other's stories but it wasn't until her recent post "Your Twilight Stories Part 1" that I really thought about sharing.
So here we go:

Unlike most my story doesn't start with the books but it does almost start almost a year ago. I actually was a late comer to Twilight and the Fandom. Being a long time "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" series fan (don't judge me; if you didn't like it that was your bad) I wasn't sure about these angst looking teenagers when the movie first came out. In fact, I know that you all are going to be mad, I thought it looked stupid and like a complete waste of money. There was no way that I was going out to see such a thing. I even got to the point that I thin I would turn the channel every time another commercial came on (little did I know).

Now I always wonder if they changed the marketing or shorten the commercials for the DVD or what because by the time it was out on DVD I was still sick of hearing about it but the commercials looked better to me. I can't explain it but I was just like, "maybe I should give it a try". Not wanting to spend money on what I was still convinced would be awful I went to my library and checked to see if they had the DVD. It must have been kismet for me to see it because at that time they wouldn't hold new release DVD's and the best sellers where hard to find on your first try yet there it was; sitting there waiting for me. I checked it out and came home and thought that I would probably forget about it. I went through the rest of my day but I couldn't get that stupid movie out of my head so that night I popped some popcorn, anything to make it better, and sat in front of my television prepared to be disgusted.

That is the last thing that happened. I laughed so hard I almost cried and I smiled throughout the whole thing. Being a klutz myself I could completely relate to Bella and having a slightly unhealthy love of all things vamp I found myself wishing these two crazy kids could just find a way to be together without all the drama that was making me laugh, cry and fall in love. I know a lot of people didn't love the movie but I wasn't one of them. I became obsessed watching it. This movie I thought I was going to forget about was the one that I watched the most. Actually I almost forgot about the rest. I returned it with a sad heart but told a friend of mine about how great it was. Think of my excitement when she called later to tell me she had rented it also and I should come over and watch it with her.


I would love to tell you that I went out and got the books right after that but again no. I love to read but I have found that you can't divide your heart. Either you love the movie and hate the book or vice versa and I wasn't prepared for that. Plus I had heard that they were making New Moon and I didn't want to spoil the surprise so I put them off. I was planning on waiting to see if they made them all into movies first (kinda like Harry Potter) and then read them so that I wouldn't be swayed one way or the other.

That only lasted until I was preparing to go to the mountains for Memorial Day. My family goes every year and I always try to bring something to read along. Again I ran off to my local library to find a few books. I wasn't even thinking Twilight but again they just happen to have it showcased as a hot rental. I decided it was fate and checked it out along with another book that I was way more excited to read.

When we got our cabin I dove into my other book (Midnight Bayou by Nora Roberts; great book) and left Twilight in my carry-on. I picked it up on my last day there and read all of ten pages, deciding the movie was better and went to watch it on my iPod. It wasn't until I got home and had nothing to read and another week to my checkout that I decided I was going to make myself read this crazy book. The rest as they say is history.

I didn't read the series as fast as some out there did. I think I took two weeks (partly sleep and partly my library hold process) but I'm glad that I did. Through seeing this movie and reading this book that I didn't want any part of I have gained so much. I have found some great friends on FanFiction.net, I have found some great writers and read some amazing stories, but best of all I have found my love of writing again.

I use to write poems and short stories all the time before but quit when I felt like I had no inspiration anymore (basically life kicking me in the teeth). I didn't think that I had a that voice in my head anymore, but Twilight changed that. Not only have I written my FanFiction stories but one of my own and I have an idea for another one.

So whether I wanted to find it our not; I am glad that I did and I hope that you, my readers, are too.

0 Sparkle Comments:

Post a Comment