Can You Pat Your Head and Rub Your Tummy?

Lately I have been in a funk with regards to writing. I have three great story ideas but for the life of me I can't seem to really get a move on them. I thought about just posting them chapter by chapter as I write but I think as my readers you have an expectation of getting your chapters every week and what would happen if I had a bad week and nothing got out. I would feel awful.

So I have been going through what I have been doing that could possibly be hindering my writing prose and then it hit me. I have been reading a lot of fanfiction and Twilight blog post. That was the only thing I could think of that was different from what I normally do while writing. Which lead to the question: Why can't I walk and chew gum at the same time?

You would think that with all that goes on in my normal everyday life I would be able to multi-task reading and writing. I mean most people do. They even teach a subjects about it in school; you know reading, writing, arithmatic. Still I think that is my problem. Which is so silly.

I can think of things to write here and I can think of how I want my stories to play out but when I sit in front of the computer nothing. It's really irritating but have no fear. I will not give up. Because I found a prompt; contest. The one that I mentioned about the Friends/Twilight crossover one-shot might be my ticket back. I wrote something that I think might be good and a way to get my mojo going again. Plus there are lots of contest going and if I can find a few that re-spark something inside then all the better.

So you many see a few more one-shots then your use to in the future but I will get back to the story because that is where my heart is at.

0 Sparkle Comments:

Post a Comment