What Am I Doing?

When I did NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) last year I learned a lot about writing and the most important thing that I learned was if you want to be good at it then you need to write everyday. You don't have to churn out 30,000 words a day but you do need to get something down that helps your story and that pushs the novel along.

Well, this year has been a huge struggle in regards to that principle. It's like I can't concentrate, I can't focus, and nothing is coming out. I have had more writers block in the last three months than the whole time I was writing my first three stories. When I was writing Why Won't Anyone Listen To Me, New World, and Beyond The Past ideas for different stories where popping in my head almost every week. With Heart's Devotion I wrote that whole thing in like a week and a half (although someone would say it was a week and she knows who she is). Yet it seems like now writing is pulling teeth.

I have three different stories that I started working on and I can get through one chapter maybe two and then I'm sitting at the computer drawing a blank. I don't understand it. I think that part of the problem is that I have been reading more fanfiction then I was when I was writing and maybe I can't read and write at the same time. Like those that can't walk and chew gum.

With that being said, I am still going to do my reviews but they will probably be stories that I have already read and just haven't seen recommended anywhere. And if you have a new story that you would like me to read then just be patient and I will get to it when I can.

Until next time, keep reading.

0 Sparkle Comments:

Post a Comment